Friday, February 19, 2010

MUFFINS!


For girls weekend (!) in SF, a couple weeks ago, I brought some spontaneous muffins. I had no idea they would turn into disappearing muffins. Aka, people liked them and I should have made more.
Well, I did and Kristi should receive them in the mail soon.
You can add whatever you want to these muffins, but keep them simple and keep them sane. What I mean to say is that if you are going to use chocolate chips instead of cranberries, use milk and water, not squeezed oranges and add a little vanilla. I suppose you can use o.j., but you know what I'm saying.

Easy Peasy Orange Cranberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons natural sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water
2 squeezed oranges and about 1/2 cup non dairy milk or water (this should all equal 1 cup)
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pan, or use paper liners.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
Beat applesauce and sugar together. Add flax and water and beat. Add juice, milk and/or water and grated zest.
Add flour mixture and stir just until mixed. Fold in cranberries.
Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment